Welcome to The Retreat at Buford
Senior Living with what matters most in mind.
The Retreat at Buford offers premier personal care and memory care with superior personalized care and compassionate staff. Situated in Buford, GA, our state of the art facility offers luxury style accommodations with a comfortable, small-town feel. Phoenix Senior Living is a company built on love that spans generations, offers ideal senior living options for seniors and specialized services for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and various forms of dementia. Phoenix Senior Living, whose leadership collectively has been serving seniors for more than 30 years, believes that transitioning into your new home at The Retreat at Buford welcomes a new chapter in your life, where seniors can live as independently as they desire — a life where seniors live, love, learn.
Everything we do at The Retreat at Buford begins and ends with service. Our executive team and knowledgeable staff uphold the highest standard of excellence in both our assisted living and memory care settings. Offering superior, innovative, and personalized services for seniors, our goal is to consistently engage our residents in meaningful activities and assure them that their beliefs, interests, and lives matter to us.
When it comes to your loved one, EVERYTHING matters.
Meet Matthew Dickerson
Executive Director – The Retreat at Buford
Matt started working in the senior living industry after completing his graduate degree, around eight years ago. He enjoys getting to know all the residents, their families, and team members.
In addition to his professional experience, he has completed Certified Dementia Practitioner training, National Institute of Dementia Education training, has his Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification, and completed Support Group Facilitator Certification through the Alzheimer’s Association. Matt graduated from Clemson University with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a minor in Business Administration and also has his Master in Health Administration from the Medical University of South Carolina.
In his free time, he enjoys golf, going to Crossfit, watching sports, and going to concerts. He and his wife are excited to be in Atlanta with their three dogs and he is happy to be a part of the Retreat at Buford family!
World Class Service for Seniors
We at The Retreat at Buford recognize that aging and memory loss can affect everyone differently. Our facilities and services are designed to meet each resident’s individual needs, organized and delivered by a team of trained, dedicated, and engaged associates. Our mission is to cultivate a nurturing community to serve seniors with the personalized care they deserve. We encourage you to schedule a tour of our facility and retrieve your complimentary guide of what to look for when choosing a Senior Living Facility.
The Retreat at Buford wants every resident to live life to its fullest. Our community encourages purposeful living, individually tailored to complement each resident’s unique interests, life experience, and abilities. From the moment you enter The Retreat at Buford, it will become clear that our aim is to instill purpose and love in our seniors through our specialized programs and services. We exceed the expectations of ordinary personal care, and treat our seniors as a beloved family member. Our Live,Love,Learn philosophy embraces the National Wellness Institute’s Six Dimensions of Wellness:
- Physical, Cognitive
- Social, Emotional, Spiritual
- Occupational (sense of purpose)
Recent Phoenix News
The following links are provided from the Phoenix Senior Living corporate website. Clicking on the links below will open a new window and redirect you to the corporate site.
- PHOENIX SENIOR LIVING TO ADD SENIOR LIVING FACILITY IN CAMDEN, SOUTH CAROLINAPress Release PHOENIX SENIOR LIVING ANNOUNCES JOINT VENTURE WITH WHITEHALL DEVELOPMENT GROUP TO ADD SENIOR LIVING FACILITY IN CAMDEN, SOUTH CAROLINA FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 6, 2020 Phoenix Senior Living, a privately-held senior living operator with communities throughout the Southeast, announces a joint venture with Whitehall Development Group. This Joint Venture will add a stunning residence to Phoenix’s growing portfolio… Read more »
- Phoenix Senior Living Adds The Phoenix At Hammond To The Louisiana Senior Living MarketFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Phoenix Senior Living announces the addition of a senior care community to their growing portfolio. Phoenix Senior Living (PSL) will self-develop The Phoenix at Hammond in Hammond, Louisiana. First Guaranty Bank is the lending partner for this project. Groundbreaking is scheduled for January 2020. Phoenix Senior Living, founded in 2014, is a privately-held senior living operator with… Read more »
- Phoenix Senior Living Announces Joint Venture with Whitehall Development GroupPhoenix Senior Living announces a joint venture acquisition with Whitehall Development Group for the addition of a senior memory care community to their growing South Carolina portfolio. Wells Fargo is the lending partner. Phoenix Senior Living (PSL) will assume management of “Thrive at Greer” and operate it under the PSL brand as “The Phoenix at Greer” effective November 22, 2019.… Read more »