Making the decision to transition into a senior living community can come with a range of emotions, questions and challenges. At Phoenix Senior Living we work with families daily to help make the transition an easy and seamless process. Here are a few tips to ease the way.
- First and foremost, recognize that this is not just a community, it is home for each one of our residents.
- Bring personal touches to your new home by bringing personal photos, favorite pieces of artwork, furniture and keepsakes. These small touches will make your apartment home feel more personal and welcoming.
- Get to know all your new community will offer. Understand the specifics about what amenities, features, and services you can expect to receive.
- Make friends even before move-in day. Getting to know other residents and team members will help to make the transition smooth and welcoming.
- Enjoy the social activities and welcoming events. You will make new friends and acclimate easier when you get to know your neighbors.
- Stay active. Communities will offer a calendar of events each day. This is a great way to stay active, make new friends and even discover a new hobby or craft.
- Inquire about volunteer opportunities to start a new club, lead a group activity or even assist in coordinating groups to come to your community to visit.
- Don’t be shy about asking how to decorate your new home. Other residents and team members may have great suggestions and even tips on where to find the perfect items for your apartment home.
- Dining is the perfect way to make new friends. Mix and mingle during mealtimes is a great way to meet new residents.
- Bring your family pet. Most communities welcome furry friends and this is one of the best sources of comfort.
These are just a few ideas to help make the transition to a senior living community easier. If you have any questions or want more tips, please call any one of our Phoenix Senior Living Communities and we will be glad to assist you.