Phoenix Senior Living is pleased to announce our new visitation protocols at our communities. Effective immediately, in accordance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, we are now permitting indoor and outdoor visitation for all residents.
According to the updated guidance, responsible indoor visitation will be permitted for all residents, regardless of vaccination status of the resident, or visitor, unless certain scenarios arise that would require us to limit or suspend visitation.
Please be aware we will limit of suspend visitation under the following circumstances:
- NO visitation will be permitted for unvaccinated residents, if the COVID-19 county positivity rate is greater than ten percent (10%), and less than seventy percent (70%) of residents in the community are fully-vaccinated
- NO visitation will be permitted for residents with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met the criteria to discontinue transmission-based precautions
- NO visitation will be permitted for residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
A couple of other additional matters we would like to bring to your attention as you plan your visits:
- Visitation will be conducted in resident suites or specifically designated visitation areas only.
- Visitors should not walk around common areas within the Community, but should instead proceed directly to the resident’s suite or designated visitation area.
- Visits for residents who share a room should be in a designated visitation area rather than the resident’s room when feasible.
- As of today, CMS has not placed any restriction on the number of visits or visitors per resident; has not made any specific recommendations regarding total visitors within a community; and has not placed any restriction on length of visits. However, to control the flow of visitors in the Community and to allow for proper social distancing and ensure infection control protocols are maintained we are requesting no more than three (3) visitors per resident at a time. Additional measures will be implemented as necessary to control total visitors within in the Community, including, implementing visitation schedules.
- No visitors under the age of sixteen (16) will be permitted inside the Community. Visitation by children may be conducted outdoors in a responsible manner.
- Outdoor visits generally pose a lower risk of COVID-19 transmission due to increased space and airflow. Whenever practicable, we recommend visits be held outdoors.
- The Community will implement additional processes and procedures regarding visitation as we all remain diligent in this effort to get through this pandemic. Protocols are subject to change.
Once again, we are grateful to be able to provide these new visitation protocols as we all try to get back to some level of normalcy. Everyone at Phoenix Senior Living wants to reiterate our appreciation for your continued support and confidence as we all work together through this unprecedented time.